Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Olympics Are Here

Friday night four of us went to an Irish pub called O'Malley's. We had to arrive 3 hours before the ceremonies started to ensure that we had a place to sit. We had pizza and an all you can eat BBQ for $20 a person. It was pretty good. Outside there was a big screen so we could see the ceremony. They had an awesome countdown clock which I hope you all saw. There were about 2,000 Chinese drummers, but the drums had lights and that is how the countdown worked. Not sure if that makes sense, but if you saw the show, you know what I mean. There were a lot of dancers and many other activities for the ceremony. When the countries started to come out, the Chinese people at the bar I was at were cheering for all the 'western' countries. It was fun and I am glad we went out their. The best part of the ceremony was the touch lighting. If you didn't see it, stop reading now and go look for the video on youtube. They had Li Ling hosted up on a cable and 'fly' to light the torch.

Finally, I don't know if this has been in the US news, but there was a small attack at the Olympics already. Here is the link.

No comments:

Unique Counter

More Unique Counter